Click below to download printable PDF version of GFB Program Outline and Depot Rules & Conditions:
Good Food Box Program Outline
The Good Food Box Mission:
What is the Good Food Box?
PLEASE NOTE: These weights are just an approximate. Weights will vary depending on produce size and density.
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 26TH, 2016 THE NEW GOOD FOOD BOX PRICES WILL BE AS FOLLOWING:
How the Good Food Box Works:
I have 130 depots in and around Calgary and area that place orders for Good Food Box. A depot is a volunteer person that is an outreach for us in their community. A depot may consist of a school, church, community center, seniors complex, agencies and some even do this threw their private residence. People/clients would locate the nearest depot to them threw phoning CKP, going to our website or word of mouth. At the depot people can order, pay and pick up their GFB (Good Food Box). Depots will fax or email their orders once a month. We currently have 1200-1500 pre-paid boxes per month, because of this volume we run 3 weeks out of the month, delivering to different quadrants of the city 3 days a week.
After my orders come in and are processed and the produce has been purchased it takes about 6 days for my produce to arrive in Calgary. When the produce arrives on Monday at the growers and distributers, our warehouse staff at CKP drive to pick it up. When produce arrives at our warehouse it is checked over for quality and proper quantity and bags are counted according to the count of boxes for that week’s delivery. Monday evening a group of 10-20 volunteers comes in to individually bag and organize the produce for the individual boxes on Tuesday. We bag the produce that is required by Alberta Health and Safety, the rest is to divide the quantities of apples, tomatoes, oranges etc. for boxing convenience Tuesday another group of 15-25
In an assembly line fashion empty boxes are placed on the roller belts and volunteers place pre counted produce for each individual box as it goes down the line. I explain to the volunteers that they must maximize their space in the box to insure that all the produce fits. I use the example to package your box like you’re playing the game Tetris. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are our delivery days. Each day is a designated zone in the city that depots are delivered to. In the morning our trucks are loaded with a pre counted boxes of small, medium and large for the stops the driver will make for that day. Our company uses large cube vans with refer (refrigeration) units. This allows us to keep the produce at a constant temperature to ensure optimal
That invoice is handed back to the driver with the money for the order, placed in a sealed envelope and put into a locked box in the truck. The second invoice is signed by the driver stating he received the correct amount of money and handed back to the depot as proof of purchase. The driver repeats this method until the entire route in that zone is completed for that day. Once the driver is finished his route he returns to the warehouse to drop of the lock box with invoices and the money to the GFB manager. From there the program manager and/or staff member will go through each envelope
Starting a Good Food Box Depot:
Depot Rules & Conditions
1. Produce is purchased in bulk, but only enough for total boxes ordered. We strive for the best and freshest produce. Please inform us of any spoiled produce, bring back spoiled produce to our warehouse within 2 days of Depot delivery and we will replace it for you.
2. Minimum Depot delivery is 5 boxes, less than 5 boxes must be picked up from our warehouse. All orders must be in by Tuesday’s designated date for your area. Orders can be added too or revised up until Tuesday’s day end. ANY ORDERS summited after Tuesday’s day end WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
3. ASSISTANCE IS REQUIRED AT ALL DEPOTS. It is the responsibility of the Depot to collect all orders and money for the Good Food Boxes. Money must be ready and counted before we arrive. Depots must have all moneys ready to hand over to the driver when the boxes are delivered. NO PERSONAL CHEQUES, WE ARE CASH ONLY BASIS. The only exception is we will accept a (one) cheque from the Depot or organization running the Depot. All orders must be paid for in advance before placing your order.
4. Accurate information is critical for us to complete orders as quickly as possible. Please provide reachable numbers. Update all contact and delivery info ASAP when needed. If we cannot contact you, your order will be held at our warehouse for up to 3 days and must be picked up.
5. Please be patient with us, it is difficult to estimate delivery times. Delivery times may vary due to volume and number of Depots ordering or variables beyond our control. However, the drivers can give 20 minutes advance notice by way of a phone call before leaving a Depot.
Thank you for being a volunteer outreach in your community!